- Created and owns everything.
- Genesis 1:1—In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
- Psalm 24:1—The earth is the LORD’s, and all it contains, the world and those who dwell in it.
- Is perfectly holy.
- Matthew 5:48—Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
- Requires perfect obedience to His law.
- James 2:10—For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.
- Has broken God’s law.
- Romans 3:10,23—There is none righteous, not even one…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- Will pay the eternal penalty for sin.
- Romans 6:23—For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Cannot save himself by his good works.
- Ephesians 2:8-9—For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
- Came to earth as both God and sinless man.
- Colossians 2:9—For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form.
- Demonstrated God’s love by dying on the cross to pay sin’s penalty.
- Romans 5:8—But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21—He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
- Rose from the grave and is alive today.
- 1 Corinthians 15:4—And that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.
- Must repent of all that dishonors God.
- Isaiah 55:7—Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to the LORD, and He will have compassion on him, and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.
- Must count the cost in following Christ.
- Luke 9:23-If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.
- Must believe in Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Romans 10:9—If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.
- Will you repent and believe in Christ?
- Acts 17:30—Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all everywhere should repent.